EOSC4Cancer has announced the formation of its Scientific Advisory Board and Ethics Advisory Board. The Board will provide guidance and expertise to ensure that the consortium’s activities meet the highest scientific and ethical standards.
The members of the Ethics Advisory Board are:
- Pilar Nicolás Jiménez, Senior Permanent Researcher in the Public Law Department at the University of the Basque Country, Spain.
- Adrian Thorogood, Data Governance Manager for the Terry Fox Research Institute in Canada.
The members of the Scientific Advisory Board are:
- Emmanuel Barillot, Director of Bioinformatics and Systems IT at the Institut Curie in France.
- Melanie Courtot, Director of Genome Informatics and Principal Investigator at the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research and Assistant Professor in the Medical Biophysics Department at the University of Toronto.
- Michael Boutros, Professor of Molecular Genetics at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) and Heidelberg University in Germany.
- Valentina Boeva, Professor of Computational Cancer Genomics at the Department of Computer Science and the Institute for Machine Learning at ETH Zürich in Switzerland.
- Kaia Palm, CEO and co-founder of Protobios (a biotechnology company), an associate professor in two top universities in Estonia and a member of the scientific expert panels of life sciences, medical, and health sciences of the Estonian Research Council since 2019.
The Scientific and Ethics Advisory Board will work closely with the EOSC4Cancer team to ensure that the consortium’s activities are scientifically rigorous and ethically sound. Their expertise and guidance will be invaluable as the consortium works to accelerate progress in cancer research through the European Open Science Cloud.